Thursday, August 02, 2007

Edward O. Wilson.

I entered Duquesne University to pursue studies in Chemistry and Biology but I soon changed my mind. In fact, before the school year started I visited Fr. Joseph Moroney, Dean of Arts and Sciences, and changed my major and minor. The Dean tried to persuade me not to do it, but I was pigheaded. Did I do right? When reading Naturalist, by Edward O. Wilson, I enjoy it so much that it makes me wonder whether I made the wrong decision. Do read Naturalist, Wilson's autobiography, and his Journey into the Ants and Sociobiology. You will not regret it. And for a treat check this interview: video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-45154219728824809.

1 comment:

Lorraine C. Ladish said...

Wow, I didn´t know that. Is that why my father wanted me to study Marine Biology? Hmmm, I somehow ended up gravitating towards the written word and I don´t regret it. I feel that if I died tomorrow (The Powers that Be forbid, cuz of my two girls!), I would feel I had left my mark, done something, as little as it may be, for others. What if, what if .. what if ...