Sunday, June 10, 2007

4 Traits about Myself.

I've been asked, urged, to write 8 things about myself... I'll just write down 4, half. Perhaps soon I can think of 4 additional ones, to complete the 8. Let's give it a try and see:
1. I'm an early-riser, an early bird, mainly because it's been said for centuries that "the early bird catches the worm" (I love worms!) and also that "early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise". I am healthy, but poor and rather stupid. When I was about 13 I bought an alarm clock in order to wake up at 5 am. This habit may be because I am at my best in the morning, full of pep, energy and ideas... which flag as the day progresses.
2. Dr. Frances Collechia, Duquesne University, wrote a letter of character reference where she pointed out that my main and possibly only drawback, defect, weakness, was PROCRASTINATION. And she hit the nail on the head! This illness is a lifestyle for me. It is defined as self-destructive behaviour, like a drug, a sort of paralysis, and task aversion... and I suffer from it, and a lot. To do away with procrastination is one of my New Year's resolutions... every year! A consolation of sorts is that this malady has affected mankind for ages, as the old saw testifies: "Do not put off till tomorrow what you can do today".
3. My sense of humor is weird at best, a trait -good or bad, depending- I just cannot help confronting others with. Is it a defense mechanism? Is it a surrealist way of staring most daily situations in the face? Is it a way of stretching situations to a breaking point? I just don't know. But I cannot help it. Often I find myself in odd social dire straits because of my light attitude towards things and people. Always pulling a straight face. Humor and a straight face go together, like chickens and writers.
4. I lost my patience a while ago, and I've been trying to find it, but can't. At the slightest provocation, I jump at the throat of others. This is terrible and I hate myself for it. To allow others to control my emotions is a real sin. I am at their mercy, imagine! But I am still trying to find my patience and self-control. If at first you don't succeed try, try, try again!

1 comment:

Lorraine C. Ladish said...

Thanks for participating! I think it is so good for oneself and for others!!