Thursday, June 21, 2007

Duquesne University

Memories are stashed away for a rainy day. Today -fancy that- it is raining in Madrid, European Union. And as I am feeling a bit under the weather ("I am not too Catholic today", is the equivalent expression in Spanish), I have winnowed old memories (to separate the chaff from the grain) mainly because I have read that Antioch College is closing down. And I was thinking how very close Pitt came to that, once upon a time, under Chancellor Litchfield (his signature is on my MA Diploma) and then, one thing leads to another, I was remembering my days, years, at Duquesne University (Spiritus est qui Vivificat), while reading Spinoza and thinking of the days that are no more, and wiping idle tears I know not what they mean... I guess that in more ways than one I am what I am because of Duquesne University. A great university indeed. I'll tell you more some other time.

1 comment:

Lorraine C. Ladish said...

Yes, what is past is past, my friend ... Now, let us enjoy the beauty of nature (two Zen monks ...)